1. ELIGIBILITY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The RV2 Experience Essay Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are thirteen to eighteen (13-18) years of age as of January 1, 2013 (“Contestants”). Contestants must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter. By submitting the Parental Consent Form, parents/legal guardians consent to their child’s participation and agree to these Official Rules. This Contest is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This Contest is sponsored by NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., 1740 Technology Drive, Suite 600, San Jose, CA 95110 (“Sponsor”). Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, its legal, promotion and advertising agencies, and their immediate family members and those living in their household, and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Contest, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entities are not eligible. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Coast Time (“PST”) on January 14, 2013 and ends at 4:59 p.m. (PST) on January 23, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
5. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. You may enter one (1) Submission.
6. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES. A Submission must be original to the Contestant submitting it. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and remove any false submissions or submissions suspected of being false, or any vulgar, offensive or otherwise inappropriate submissions (as deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
7. JUDGING AND NOTIFICATION. Judging of the Contest will be completed in one (1) round by a panel of NBGA employees from the community and brand teams and Ryan Villopoto (the “Judging Panel”). All Submissions will be prescreened to insure the entries have correctly met the Submission Guidelines and meet with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging (“Qualified Submissions”). The Judging Panel will judge all Qualified Submissions on the basis of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): relevance to the essay prompt (25%), knowledge of Ryan Villopoto (25%), knowledge of Motocross (25%), and originality (25%). The Judging Panel will pick one Qualified Submission based on the Judging Criteria. A Contestant who is selected as the winner (“Selected Contestant”) will be required to respond to an e-mail within 48 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize; and, in such case, Sponsor may choose the next highest scoring Submission from among the remaining eligible Submissions.
The Selected Contestant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, the Selected Contestant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. Should Selected Contestant be unwilling or otherwise unable to provide such permissions and or releases or otherwise cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, a new Contestant will be chosen by the panel from the remaining entries until one who is able to meet all requirements can be selected.
8. LICENSE AND PUBLICITY. All Contestants hereby provide a One Hundred Eighty (180) day exclusive irrevocable worldwide license to Sponsor to use, copy, distribute, create derivative works from and publicly display in any and all media throughout the world Contestant’s Submission for any purpose whatsoever, without any compensation (other than an awarded prize, if any) after which time, Sponsor shall retain a perpetual non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, create derivative works from and publicly display in any and all media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without any compensation (other than an awarded prize, if any).
All Contestants understand that their name, likeness, Site profile and Submissions may be used for marketing and promotional purposes in any media, throughout the world, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law.
Should any Contestant be unwilling or otherwise unable to enter into license, or provide permissions and or releases or otherwise cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, a new Contestant will be chosen by the panel from the remaining entries until one who is able to meet all requirements can be selected. All potential prize winners must provide Sponsor with all signatures on required paperwork and return all documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules in order to be eligible to receive the prize.
CONTESTANTS WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THEIR SUBMISSIONS or for granting Sponsor any of these rights.
9. PRIZES. Contest Prizes. If eligible under these Official Rules, one (1) Selected Contestant will receive: two (2) round-trip airline tickets to the Los Angeles area, one (1) hotel night stay, and two (2) VIP tickets to the FIM Motorocross event in Anaheim, CA on February 9, 2013. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: One Thousand Four Hundred Fifty Dollars ($1,450).
All prizes will be delivered by U.S. Mail or overnight carrier (i.e., FEDEX, UPS), in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to an address provided by the Contestant. All federal, state and local taxes and other expenses in connection with the prize not expressly described herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the Selected Contestant. Selected Contestant are solely responsible for any other unspecified expenses related to prize, excluding shipping and handling costs. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Contestant’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern activities. Selected Contestant not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize is permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. In the event of noncompliance with the foregoing requirements or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate Selected Contestant will be selected. In the event that insufficient qualified entries are received, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to not award all prizes.
10. CONDITIONS. Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Contestant agrees to release Sponsor, including their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities together with their respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Releases”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than five (5) entries, or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Contestant, and contestants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. The internal laws of the State of California will govern disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit a contestant from participating in the Contest or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Contestant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Contest, each contestant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right s/he may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this contest, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
13. WINNER’S LIST AND CONTEST RULES. To obtain a copy of these official rules or a winners’ list within 90 days of the close of the Contest, send your request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., MUD FIM Motocross Essay Contest, 1740 Technology Drive, Suite 600, San Jose, CA 95110. Winners’ lists will be sent once all Selected Entrants have been verified and prizes have been awarded. (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage). Winners list may also be accessed at the entry Site until March 21, 2013.
MUD – FIM Motocross World Championship, "MUD" is a registered trademark of Milestone srl. Published and distributed by NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. An official product of the FIM Motocross World Championship, under license of Youthstream Group Lda. Developed by Milestone S.r.l.